Stocking up on healthy snacks for work is essential. Fuelling your body with quality nutrition will increase energy levels, helping you feel more productive, and also stave off fatty and sugary cravings.
Heres a list of my favourite snacks for the office:
1. Fresh fruit: You can’t go wrong with fresh fruit at the office! Put your favourite sliced fruits and berries together in a beautiful salad for the office fridge, so you can scoop out the perfect portion to enjoy all week long. If that sounds like too much effort, pack low-maintenance picks like apples, oranges, and pears, so all you need to do is wash and eat.
2. Healthy bars: Unfortunately, not all bars deemed “healthy”. Look for bars that are relatively low in sugar and high in fibre and protein. If you eat a bar that’s all carbs and sugar, then chances are you’ll experience a crash after eating it, just as if you’d munched on a chocolate bar.
3. Proportioned cheese: Having some string cheese on hand is a good idea for the dairy-lovers out there. Cheese brings protein and calcium to your snack-time routine.
4. Whole grain crackers: Whole grain crackers are also a much better idea than snacking on a bag of crisps, and they offer the crunch you’re looking for. For a perfect for lunchtime, string cheese can be served up with some hearty crackers to deliver an ideal blend of protein and carbs.
5. Yogurt cup: A cup of yoghurt is one of the easiest healthy breakfasts out there, and it’s also an ideal snack. This protein-rich food can feel like a treat when some fresh fruit or even a light drizzle of honey is thrown on top.
6. Popcorn: Don’t fall victim to the buttery, salty microwaved bags at the office. Snack freely by air-popping your own at home, and bring it in for a special snack.
7. Cereal: Skip the sugary stuff, and opt for a fibre-rich whole grain cereal. Instant oatmeal packets are another great snack to have hidden in your desk drawers when hunger strikes — or when you’re running late and skipped breakfast by mistake.
What’s your favourite office snack?
If you enjoyed, why not?
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Visit/Call spsofficesolution.co.uk + 0845 366 5886 today